Lemmingball Z is a fighting game for linux and windows, loosely based on `Dragonball Z` the hit anime. And when we say loosely based, we mean with a big twist. Instead off the normal characters from the anime, this game features cute LEMMINGS fighting DBZ style!
- Destructible 3d terrain
- Ability to add your own levels/characters/moves to the game
- Multiplayer with 2-4 players online or local
- Good old-fashioned Hot-seat play
- Slow-motion, like in "The Matrix"
- Fancy graphics, like cell-shading and stuff
- Netplay, without configuring or hamachi
- Stupid AI to practice with
- Blood! lots of it! 😄
LBZ was created somewhere at the end of 1999 and the start of 2000. It was my first try at making a game, up till then i only coded small utility’s/effects. LBZ was first written in Quick BASIC, for DOS and it had 800x600 resolution and sprites, and very basic gameplay. When the game became to big for basic, i ported it to PASCAL and then almost immediately to C++ (using OpenGL for graphics). After this LBZ quickly evolved, it got features like destructible terrain and slow-motion.
LBZ is a bit of a "pet project".... it will constantly evolve. I don't plan on stopping with this, since it’s a lot of fun working on LBZ! Things i would like to create for LBZ in the future include:
- Interactive levels, with scripts, triggered events
- 100% mod-ability! Be able to mod any aspect of the game. 60% done.
- Ports to most major game consoles